HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Transfer Draft Work to Client

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

I was looking for something completely different from what is described in this article but when I saw it, I immediately had to think of Vanillas drafts.

The article introduces a javascript library that saves form input into local storage. That way, it could be restored later if a page accidentally closes. As far as I've understood, that is what Drafts in Vanilla are good for. So Vanilla implemented it on the server and the script in the article uses the local storage.

Storing on the server costs a transfer via ajax and a database call. But the advantage is that drafts you've worked on from work could be finished at home - they are not bound to one pc.
If it would be solved with a local storage the advantage of the currently implemented way would be lost. I personally wouldn't miss it but instead would like to see the advantage of not querying the db and transferring data each X minutes.
Moreover I wouldn't miss the menu entry "Drafts".

What do you think about that?

Comments