HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Login Issue

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

I believe yesterday or the day before yesterday it happened first: I've entered my username and password and got the message that the password is wrong. Entering it a second time worked (using Firefox and windows.
Since I copy & paste it I was kind of surprised. It might happen one time that I do not copy the string I wanted to copy but more than one time is awkward. Now I've looked myself in from my mobile phone and from my tablet (both Opera on Android). Each time I've entered the password very carefully and each time I got a "wrong password" at the first try while the second try did work.

Afterwards I've logged out from my laptops browser (PaleMoon=Firefox on Windows), logged in again and also got "wrong password" although the password field gets populated from the browsers password manager. Trying a second time works without problems.

Signing out now and signing in works on the first run. Maybe I'll have to log in from another device to recreate that? I bet if I try to login tomorrow at work I'll be seeing that error again. I'll report about that.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I had the same thing happen. My saved password was not accepted, but entering it again worked. I thought it was my fault. This happens on Safari for me...

• Options

I got logged out as well a day or two ago.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

This issue is happening in chrome too. If you click the sign in button twice you get logged in .

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I just experienced this issue of FF 29.0.1 on Win 7

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Yes the red message says try again, not passwords don't match. Which is better than passwords don't match for security purposes, and just pressing the sign in again works. Maybe it's a new spam control feature lol ?

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

To be honest, I haven't red the message carefully. But you are right: hitting the login button a second time works for me, too

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited May 2014

Thanks guys!

//edit: "Please try again" indicates the transient key isn't matching during the first try, which indicates maybe a session issue on new inf. I've reproduced & escalated this to @Tim.

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

This has been fixed, thanks for the report

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    edited May 2014

Thanks @Linc & @Tim
    I can confirm that I haven't had this issue today. But I think you forgot some "Debug Trace" below comments ;)

• Options

Hey, I'm still having this issue. I'm running version 2.1. This happens every 2 days, it will log me out of the forum and then first attempt always fails. Second attempt works. I'm using chrome, also encountered the same issue on FireFox.

• Options

Nice necropost! Must be on your own forum ... problem on vanilla forums is solved ... join one of the open discussions regarding this problem ... I'll closely this one ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.