Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Still can't get to settings page, permissions error

edited May 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm in Vanilla 2.1 and am using the version of Pockets from GitHub: https://github.com/vanillaforums/Addons/tree/master/plugins/Pockets

Yet I still can't get to the "Settings" page, and get the "Permission Problem: You don't have permission to do that" error. I'm setup as an Admin and can't see what I've done wrong!

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

you have to go into the dashboard as admin and adjust roles and permissions for admin to allow you to use pockets. Only the root admin ( the first admin ever created on the forum during install process ) has super-powers, every other admin is controlled by permissions given in the "users and permissions" part of dashboard for the admin role.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    ...adjust roles and permissions for admin to allow you to use pockets. Only the root admin ( the first admin ever created on the forum during install process ) has super-powers...

That did it. Thanks so much! I didn't realize that there were powers above "Administrators have permission to do anything." ;)