Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sign In and Register links

Latest version of Vanilla. I really have searched this to avoid posting a question but the answers I've found confuse me. At the bottom of discussions I see the Sign In and Register to comment links. I thought the configs-defaults.php file was the place to change the links but it seems to have no effect. I am trying to direct people to the main site pages for registering and signing in.

I have registration set to Connect because I want people registering through my main site if that makes any difference with the links. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I want to change the same for the mobile version.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

So what you want is to remove all the sign in links and add links to the main site where they should register and sign in ?

• Options
    edited June 2014

At the bottom of this thread for guests there are sign in and register links I want going to other pages on my site not related to the forum. On the mobile theme I see on Sign In link top right and one Sign in link bottom footer I want to do the same thing.

Those are the only links I worried about. I don't want to remove them just going to other site pages.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Then Why not do a permanent 301 redirect in the htaccess file for those links ?

Here is an htaccess redirect generator to help you do it right.

http://www.htaccessredirect.net

Then just copy the lines into your vanilla htaccess file carefully so you don't mess up the stuff that is already there.

• Options

Thanks vrijvlinder. I tried that keep getting internal server errors. The links are always slightly different based on what category thread you are in.

• Options
    IonmarcuIonmarcu Bucharest

Same problem here. After integrating the vanilla forum in wordpress site the link for registering to comment triggers the error page

http://oferteproprietari.ro/club/forum/#/categories