Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cannot install version 2.1

I am using php version 5.2.6 and have the .htaccess file. When I enter in all fields on the first page of the installation wizard and hit submit, it just returns me back to the setup page with no error messages. It seems to have setup the database just fine as I went to php admin and saw all the tables. Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

ok , please make sure you have this line in your config.php if not there put it in.

$Configuration['Garden']['Installed'] = TRUE;

• Ok tried that and now all I see is "Something has gone wrong. We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
    Please check back in a little while.".

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Please enable debugging by adding $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; to your /conf/config.php file.

Then post back what the actual error is.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Hi thank you for your help. I turned on debug and now it just shows an empty page.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

did you try deleting your install completely (database and source), and reinstalling after you are certain you have you have downloaded zip and copied all files, and have permissions correct on all folders. Also what version of php are you using and and are you using mysql strict mode (turn it off if you are).

and see if you can add these changes to php and try with php 5.3.x

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/208595/#Comment_208595

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Ok tried reinstalling software and DB. Still same results. Using php version 5.2.6.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

and see if you can add these changes to php and try with php 5.3.x

any reason why you prefer to use a very old version of php. (even if its not the cause of your problem).
    your host has an extremely old version of php.

And if you are using vanilla 2.1 - you will find some plugins won't work with php 5.2.x

5.2.6 Released: 01 May 2008

http://php.net/releases/index.php

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.