Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How do I set a default quotes level?

The level is configurable per user, but let's say I want the default to be 3 levels deep... how would I set that?

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You would have to change the source code. Look at that line: https://github.com/vanilla/addons/blob/master/plugins/Quotes/class.quotes.plugin.php#L88
    The variable $QuoteFolding is filled with the users preferences, but defaults to 1. Change the "1" in that line with "3"

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Hmm, think that was to hasty... You have to change line 120.

• Options

Thanks.

I see that when you have a level deeper than the setting, there's a link

"» show previous quotes"

but this is within the js. I'm guessing that translation using $Definition doesn't apply to js files...? I'll have to do it straight in the js but then if the locale is changed it stays hardcoded

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

It looks like you will have to change it in the code in this case.

It is possible for JS to use translatable phrases. The translations are generally added as a definition and then just looked up using gdn.definition() in the JS.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.