Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Upgraded and EVERYTHING is great But..... I need a little advice as somethings not right!

Hi guys, (first Post) im having a little trouble with my forum, on the discussions page the options cogwheel that appears on hovering over posts isnt interactive for me and also the quick links beneath the users avatar like message , settings etc is also showing links but is not clickable? am i missing something silly? the install is at http://www.thebukkitlist.com/forums.php i have no other code on the page and followed the install info explicitly to the letter, i really hope someone can shed light on this as this truly is the most awesome forum software i have ever come across!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014 Answer ✓

don;t use the minify plugin ever, never it just creates problems.

you also have jquery 1.10

also you have an error.

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ws://s78.chatango.com:1800/.

...new WebSocket(this.Cd,this.Md)):(this.Ga.info("Opening the WebSocket on "+this.C...

you've also got two versions of jquery running.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2014

Hi, the first thing you need to check is that you have all the permissions as admin to do these things.

make sure if you are admin to give yourself all permissions.

You reach that in the dashboard left panel under roles and permissions. Select the role you want to manage and edit. Do not delete the default roles.

Also, why does the forum address use the extension php ? that is not right the forum is either in a root folder or called forum in a subdirectory and the index is php but should not be forum.php Is this embedded ? Is that why you named it php ?

• Thanks for the super quick reply! Ok i have ticked every available Box in the Adminstrator category and checked i am indeed admin :) cleared all the cache and restarted browser but its still the same, even without perms the links below the main avatar should work shouldnt they? this is the element thats not working for some reason: <span class="ToggleFlyout OptionsMenu" starting to pull my hair out now because i cant even delete posts xD

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

see

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/209400/#Comment_209400

to troubleshoot.

you failed to mention your version number as suggested in the message prior to posting , so we can only guess.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Ok next step to disable plugins one by one :P the theme change did nothing and cant see any js errors, cheers guys i'll get back with what it was if i find it :)

@peregrine said:
    probably you should use the bittersweet theme to test and see if your js is loaded and working. do you have js errors in your console.

then follow these steps.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/199091/#Comment_199091

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

This forum is embedded, these things can happen under embedded circs...

• sorry <<<<Noob<<<< version is latest 2.1

• i tried it on the direct vanillaforums/index.php page too vrijvlinder still same, just going through plugins now one by one :P

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014 Answer ✓

don;t use the minify plugin ever, never it just creates problems.

you also have jquery 1.10

also you have an error.

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ws://s78.chatango.com:1800/.

...new WebSocket(this.Cd,this.Md)):(this.Ga.info("Opening the WebSocket on "+this.C...

you've also got two versions of jquery running.

• IT WAS THE CHANTANGO! ur a superstar! thx how did i not see the error ? :P works like a charm now! thanks guys,