Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Side Content

Hello. I want to add some content onto our sidebars, such as a "Quick Links" Table, but I don't know where to add the code into. Can anyone help me? It would be appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

In Vanilla the sidebar is called “Panel” and the content blocks in there are called “Modules”. Just in case you want to search around and try to find some useful information.

I’d recommend you read that discussion http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/27124/how-do-i-write-a-plugin-with-a-module to get started ;)

• Options

Isn't there any way I can edit the files of a theme to do that or a plugin that already has this functionality?

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You can copy ForumDonate and take that as a blueprint, but you will have to look at the code and understand it to a certain degree. Modules are quite easy so you could as well look at the mentioned discussion above and try to understand what you are doing.

• Options

Thank you for everything, R_J. I will report back to see if it works.