Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

BotStopApproval goes Bonk... (If you use 2.1 version in 2.0.18...)

tone74tone74 New
edited June 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Using Vanilla 2.0.18.10 and the Captcha.

I followed the readme and checked that the config.php had:

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Captcha';

(it did)

I didn't add the code snippet to ask a random addition question as I assumed that was just an optional extra.

In the plugin setup page I did change the second question (but I assume it's meant to let you do this - not many people downunder know baseball questions) and saved the settings.

When I logout and try to register as a new user it goes Bonk.

Anyone else had this glitch?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@tone74‌

Welcome to the community.

You need to get past the 'Bonk' error to a more detailed one.

Search on here for how to do that, then post the actual error.

Separately, you should update to .18.11 to make sure you have the latest security patches.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

whu606 said:
    You need to get past the 'Bonk' error to a more detailed one.

thanks whu606, but the plugin requires 2.1 and uses code from 2.1 bonk error or not.

@tone74 said:
    Using Vanilla 2.0.18.10 and the Captcha.

I followed the readme and checked that the config.php had:

ah, the glitch appears to be you haven't read either the security announcements or the upgrade instruction, or the plugin description.

Its quite simple, you didn't read the details that say:

Requires vanilla 2.1

that should have been a dead giveaway.

update to vanilla 2.1

see: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/1243/botstopapproval

read the description and see if you can find the Requirement in the description.

I didn't add the code snippet to ask a random addition question as I assumed that was just an optional extra.

no, once again incorrect.

if you don't want a random number question - and you are using vanilla 2.0.18.x - use botstop.
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/botstop-plugin

if you don't want a random number question - and you are using vanilla 2.1 - use may use - http://vanillaforums.org/addon/addregistrationquestion-plugin

pretty simple if you read the descriptions and follow directions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

please close this discussion @whu606 . OP didn't read the directions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

This discussion has been closed.