Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Forum Search Feature

Is there an option to block users from being able to search the 'Hidden' categories when searching? I've noticed that users can see items that are in our Forum Moderators Only category which is supposed to be blocked from them.

Answers

• Options

Try vanilla 2.1 and see if itis fixed. . I know 2.1 fixes something related with unread discussions showing topics that are private.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited June 2014

@mhignight 2.0.18b2 is dangerous. You need to upgrade to 2.0.18.11 immediately. From there, you can work on a 2.1 upgrade after testing things out.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

@mhignight

I can tell you with vanilla 2.1, if a role does not have view permission a specific custom permissions category , it will NOT show up in search results with the standard searching that comes with the forum.

I don't use 2.0.18.x or test with it anymore since it will be gone in a year anyway, and if you know which plugins work in 2.1

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-don-t-work-in-vanilla-2-1

which would be great if all the 2.1 users actually helped by sharing their information of working plugins in 2.1 (it actually might help people like you in making a decision). But you can't force people to help the community by adding a comment to the thread - some people only want their questions answered and don't provide much beyond that even in something as simple as adding a comment with the plugins they are using in 2.1 to the

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-don-t-work-in-vanilla-2-1

I find this really sad :'(

but I can tell you with 2.1 if a role does not have view permission for a category , it will NOT show up in search results with the standard searching that comes with the forum.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.