Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Split/Merge Plugin Error

edited June 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Vanilla 2.1
Split/Merge Plugin version 1.1

The following error is generated after you choose the discussion that you want as the new title:

The "MediaModel" object does not have a "xReassign"
method.|Mediamodel|xReassign|

The merge does complete, however the "merged" thread is not deleted and this error is generated.

Screenshot:

Comments

• Sorry, also running Apache 2.2.25
    PHP 5.4.18
    MySQL 5.1.73

I have the Version check plugin, but it spits out a huge list of info. What part of it do you need or how do I get the whole thing to you?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

for this we don't need your phpinfo, but the theme you are using would be helpful.

Can you also test it with the bittersweet theme, and see if you get the same problem.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited June 2014

The theme is custom by our dev, but I believe he started with baseline, I will check. I did forget to test with the theme set to default. I will do that and report back.

• Using Bittersweet or the default +Baseline results in the same error message.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

you said you are using Split/Merge Plugin version 1.1 which is not Split/Merge(FE)

however the most recent of Split/Merge(FE) is version 1.01

version 1.1Split/Merge that comes with core seems to work for me. when merging two discussions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited June 2014

I am sorry, I put this under the wrong plugin.

I am using splitmerge from the Vanilla core 2.1 zip.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

I don't know about that one.

there appears to be a 1.2 from github under the master which may or may not work. you could try that,
    Split/Merge(FE) version 1.01

you might want to create a github membership and post an issue that Split/Merge Plugin version 1.1 doesn't work in default theme with all other plugins disabled. (indicating it won't work properly and you know there are no other plugin conflicts) and explain the issue and maybe the developers will look into it.

after you do that someone else may provide an answer.

then report it here. if you want to help the community.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-don-t-work-in-vanilla-2-1

• Will do, thank you.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

actually, I tested split/merge 1.1 to merge two discussions and it worked for me. I know you had other issues with your installation,
    maybe it is your custom changes that are breaking things, or I am just lucky.

• I don't believe we have any custom changes to anything other than CSS for the theme. I will confirm with our dev though.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

@EricLRyde said
    I don't believe we have any custom changes to anything other than CSS for the theme. I will confirm with our dev though.

good idea

whenever I have a problem with a plugin use these steps

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/199091/#Comment_199091

and I can solve the issue or at least find out what is causing the issue 99% of the time.

• I know where he removed it from :)
    He removed it from the dashboard within vanilla.
    I understand that he did not share all of the details, but it was from Vanilla not from somewhere else. I was looking at the routes today and did some research along with help from @Linc‌. He confirmed for me that it made no logical sense to be there and he was right, it resolved the problem.

I appreciate your comments even without all the information, it is helping me think and thus learn. The funny part about this is I can find where the error occurs in the PHP, but it is almost as if an extra character is being inserted and thus getting the error.

Thanks again for the replies. I will have to do more testing before we can get anywhere else, I think.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

the extra character X is added when it CAN NOT find the method. don't worry about the x per se it is just an informational cue to indicate it cannot get the method. the key is should it be calling the method (potentially) and why can't it find it , if it should be calling it.

did you disable all the plugins and just try split/merge.

He removed it from the dashboard within vanilla

ok.

I don't mean to rub it in, but just to enlighten you, just by looking at the config.php (if you had posted it) we could have seen the problem right away and probably solved it in 3 minutes. because removing via dashboard just deletes routes from your config.php, and all the routes you add via dashboard are stored in config.php :)

there is a method to the madness when asking for info. it is not too make you work harder.

• Yep, I understand, you are absolutely right.

• And... we have a winner.
    I missed testing one of the other plugins. I thought I disabled them one by one earlier, but apparently I didn't.

Disabling file upload (1.8.2.1), makes the merge run perfectly.

Recommendations for pulling the proper info for the author/authors?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

no problem.

I have file upload 1.8.2.1 enabled and it seems to work perfectly. with split/merge 1.1

not sure why you have the issue. will have to see if someone else can replicate problem you have with both plugins, I can't.

permissions?

also when you post error message ginving the complete error and trace sometimes helps.

Recommendations for pulling the proper info for the author/authors?

no comprendo

you mean asking the question under the correct plugin - since there is no split/merge add-on in the add-ons area , this is as good a place as any to ask the questions.

as far as new questions, that have nothing to do with original question, that is generally a new discussion topic.

do you have a class.media.model in the fileuploads plugin, maybe you only have part of the plugin.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

.and is class.media.model from 1.8.2 version

perhaps you are not installing plugins correctly.

• edited June 2014

It would appear that I have resolved this (time will tell).

I deleted the fileupload folder and the splitmerge folder (I did get 1.2 as you suggested). I then reuploaded and unzipped both plugins. I then added your replacements-2 files from: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/208389/#Comment_208389 (which is what I did before) and then enabled both plugins.

Everyone is now working happily together, for the time being. There must have been something corrupt or not copied correctly in one or both folders.

Thank you

• you most likely didn't upload the correct class.media.model.php

e.g. version 1.5.2 does not have reassign method. you probably mixed and matched the wrong things.

• I was sure I only ever downloaded 1.8.2, but the evidence is stacked against me. So much pain! I hate being wrong ;)

Thank you again @peregrine‌