Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Changed from /forum to root.. Everything looks for /forum now?

I have searched for awhile now. I got everything on the forum running the way I wanted so I decided to move the forum from the /forum directory to the root directory of the site. I did everything I could find and managed to get the forum up, but all of the plugins and various other things are having issues, the debug plugin shows that the error is due the forums still looking for /var/www/html/forums instead of /var/www/html..

I have searched every file.. Does anyone know where this stray path is located? /var/www/html/forums

Thanks,
Chris

Best Answer

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    Answer ✓

When moving your forum install, you need to:

1. Verify your .htaccess file points to the right folder (RewriteBase)
    2. Delete all .ini files in the /cache folder
    3. Scour your /conf/config.php file for plugin settings that made an assumption on file location

What is the exact error you are getting?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Answers

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    Answer ✓

When moving your forum install, you need to:

1. Verify your .htaccess file points to the right folder (RewriteBase)
    2. Delete all .ini files in the /cache folder
    3. Scour your /conf/config.php file for plugin settings that made an assumption on file location

What is the exact error you are getting?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    cbunting99cbunting99 Texas New

I think I finally got it... When you move your forum, it seems that the /var/www/html/forum stays within some plugins.. yet I couldn't find a reference.. Deleting the plugin, reloading the admin, and reinstalling each plugin this way fixed it.. HTMLawed had issues, as did the /application/vanilla, but deleting that and reuploading fixed the issue.. $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; <- I found that towards the end.. Shew, that saved me loads of trouble.. Moving vanilla isn't so easy.. But I won't have to do that any more.. lol..

Thanks for your time,
    Chris