Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Show header link, but require login when to view page?

I was just wondering. I have 3 pages currently hidden unless the users become members. But I think some people are getting confused and not realizing that the extra links show up after they validate their email and login.

Is there some code I can add to the custom page, so that the header links can show, but the content of the page is blocked telling the person that they need to sign in to view the page?

I want to have all the links show, but just restrict access to the page, not so much the header link..

Would this be possible?

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This really sounds like a good use for the Custom Pages plugin. Add the links to the navbar in your default.master.tpl file, then check the permissions on the page itself.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

you can easily do this with extrapages plugin as well as there is even an example. :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited June 2014

You don't have to use the header link option with Basic Pages. You can simply add links in your theme's default.master.tpl file.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app