Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Something has gone wrong

So, I installed recent Vanilla from GitHub repo and it was working perfectly, but today, something has gone wrong message appeared. I do not know what is happening and how to debug it.

Comments

• Do you know how to turn on Debug modus in. conf/config.php
    I would recommend installing the stable 2.1 version. It will not solve your problem, but is probably the right version for you

if you installed a new theme check your rights on the smarty and template_c directories. All will be clear with debug modus on

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

something has gone wrong message appeared

maybe it got beamed to death.

I do not know what is happening and how to debug it.

that would be described in the installation directions in the link below

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26685/vanilla-2-1-stable-released/p1
    It's pretty much a must to read these for smooth sailing.

the documentation link at top of page, specifically troubleshooting within documentation also has info, it is pretty hard to navigate once in the the documentation unfortunately troubleshooting is not a main link, but you will find it if you click enough.

alternatively you could try searching for "Something has gone Wrong" but if it were me i would read the installation instructions and all the comments in the vanilla-2-1-stable-released discussion.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Oh okay thank you, now downgrading to 2.1 stable release. I was never guy-who-reads-docs you know... But probably I should start doing it.

• deathbeamdeathbeam New
    edited June 2014

So I reinstalled it and it happened again, before it was missign GDN_Permissions table now it is something with InnoDB. I checked PHPMyAdmin and almost all tables got deleted except GDN_Comment and GDN_Discussion. Idk what is happening, but it is weird.... Going to reinstall Vanilla again, but whaaat is happening.

Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'
    select *
    from GDN_User `User`
    where UserID = :UserID
    The error occurred on or near: /home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/library/database/class.database.php
    290: 
    291:          if (!is_object($PDOStatement)) {
    292:             trigger_error(ErrorMessage('PDO Statement failed to prepare', $this->ClassName, 'Query', $this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo())), E_USER_ERROR);
    293:          } else if ($PDOStatement->execute($InputParameters) === FALSE) {
    294:             trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($PDOStatement->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);
    295:          }
    296:       } else {
    297:          $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql);
    298:       }
    Backtrace:
    /home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/library/database/class.database.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();
    [/home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/library/database/class.database.php:294] PHP::trigger_error();
    [/home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1650] Gdn_Database->Query();
    [/home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:927] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query();
    [/home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/library/core/class.model.php:440] Gdn_SQLDriver->GetWhere();
    [/home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/library/core/class.model.php:400] Gdn_Model->GetWhere();
    [/home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:1010] Gdn_Model->GetID();
    [/home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:1188] UserModel->GetID();
    [/home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/library/core/class.session.php:325] UserModel->GetSession();
    [/home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/library/core/class.auth.php:41] Gdn_Session->Start();
    [/home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/bootstrap.php:207] Gdn_Auth->StartAuthenticator();
    [/home/indiearm/public_html/discussions/index.php:33] PHP::require_once();
    Variables in local scope:
    [Sql] 'select *
    from GDN_User `User`
    where UserID = :UserID'
    [InputParameters] array (
      ':UserID' => '1',
    )
    [Options] array (
      'ReturnType' => 'DataSet',
    )
    [ReturnType] 'DataSet'
    [PDOStatement] array (
      'queryString' => 'select *
    from GDN_User `User`
    where UserID = :UserID',
    )

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Your data might not be lost. You cannot access all InnoDB tables - and that are most of them except for the tables that are fulltext searchable and that are Discussion and Comment. All you have to do is to reload InnoDB support and make sure that it will not be unloaded again.

Just don't ask me how you can do that...

• Okay, thank you @R_J

You might want to check your my.cnf for annything InnoDB related. Best way to solve it will be to search the net for "unknown storage db innodb"

• I sent ticket to my host about that becouse it started to happen just recently. I do not have access to my.cnf probably, becouse I cannot find it.

• Wow .. we need to make a git hub bug report that Vanilla needs to check for the innodb storage engine. It should be one of the Che ks prior to installing Vanilla

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

this has been present for quite some time. I think when 2.0.18 came out

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/158738/#Comment_158738

some hosts will not support innodb.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

But as far as I've understood, installation went smoothly at first, but the InnoDB tables "disappeared" later on. Already the structure.php of the dashboard states explicitly ->Engine('InnoDB') and that's why the first error must appear there if there would be no general support for InnoDB.