Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is there a way of informing one's forum members that a post has been made ?

HillfootHillfoot Stockton-on-Tees New

Is there a way of informing one's forum members that a post has been made ? I expect this will seem pretty basic to some, but I am a fairly ancient newbie to all this and still finding my way around.

Best Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited July 2014 Answer ✓

@Hillfoot‌

Your users have the option of setting their notification preferences via their profile to either popup, email or both.

In Dashboard - users - roles and permissions

you can edit the Member role to add Advanced notifications.

This allows users to choose to be informed of threads or comments in specific categories.

Answers

@Hillfoot‌

Which version of Vanilla are you running?

• HillfootHillfoot Stockton-on-Tees New

Sorry. Vanilla 2.1 and pleased with it.

edited July 2014 Answer ✓

@Hillfoot‌

Your users have the option of setting their notification preferences via their profile to either popup, email or both.

In Dashboard - users - roles and permissions

you can edit the Member role to add Advanced notifications.

This allows users to choose to be informed of threads or comments in specific categories.

OK. Many thanks. Been in there and set it as you say. Much obliged to you.

More thanks. Yes, I have done the email set up part, and I have warned them about possible notifications. I will now post what you have said about their own notification preferences.