Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Discussion isn't getting announced.

edited July 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I made a mall GIF of my problem:
http://s29.postimg.org/v3gi2gp5j/inject.gif

When I try to make a new discussion & announce it, it's simply not appearing. I've got only basic plugins enabled, those came with the installation. Am I doing something wrong? My Vanilla version is 2.1

Could anyone tell me what's the problem with it?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options

Polite request

Forum etiquette is to make a question that is search-able and meaningful.

For future reference the title and content of your question is important so others can find the answer.

Animated gif whists may contain useful information aren't indexed for textual information, so it i not useful to others to find it later.

"latest version" is also not sufficient, please supply the actual version, so people know for sure, and in the future.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I believe if not category is supplied it saved int the "root" category.

grep is your friend.

• Options

If you enable categories temporarily what category is the announcement under?

grep is your friend.

• Options

Oh, sorry for not providing textual informations. I edited my first post, so others can see what my problem is.

It's in the system category, which I made before I decided to disable categories. Do I have to enable some kind of announcing anywhere?

• Options

did you delete general?

grep is your friend.

• Options

Aw, now I see, I deleted customly made categories, and now the only one is the default created by the forum. Now it works. Thank you for assisting :smile:

• Options

@Unc3nZureD said:
    Aw, now I see, I deleted customly made categories, and now the only one is the default created by the forum. Now it works. Thank you for assisting :smile:

great.

grep is your friend.