Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

file permissions signlog.php

AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
edited July 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

you need to set your file permissions correctly. Cannot open file: plugins/SignLogger/list/signlog.php

But it doesn't say which permissions it needs. ;)

Comments

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited July 2014

Take a look at the source, because you can find the exact PHP code that shows this message ... my first guess is 644

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@Anonymoose said:

But it doesn't say which permissions it needs. ;)

signlog.php has to be readable and writeable.

a good rule of thumb would be for it to match the permissions of config.php

since this depends entirely on your host setup. Perhaps this will help you @‌

http://help.unc.edu/help/how-to-use-unix-and-linux-file-permissions/

if you have any additional links that may be useful to newbies or a complete accurate tutorial that you have written up @anonymoose you want me to add to the documentation, feel free to post it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited July 2014

Isn't it a slight risk to have a log file also an excutable .php file?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

send me your changes, if you feel it is risky.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

if you have code changes you can pm with the the snippets you want to change to improve it. that would be my preferred way. I'll give you full credit for any code changes you make @Anonymouse.

• Options

any solution for this issue??

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

JoZ3_69
    any solution for this issue??

First off, what issue do you have? there is usually not a solution to an unknown issue.

me-too's are really not too helpful.

did you ask your host, if you do not understand file permissions? or the readme that has suggestions on how you might learn about them.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

the readme has a link for a file permissions tutorial for forum owners who do not quite understand file permissions.

To me, "Understanding file permissions and Ownerships" is the first thing anyone should know and understand prior to creating any kind of web site whether it be a blog or forum or anything else, or they should hire someone who does. Otherwise your data or site could be at risk. Alot of people comprehend permissions owner group other, but they fail to understand owner.

Here is another link, since a few people still don't uinderstand:

http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_UNIX_file_permissions_work

• Options

@peregrine‌ sorry for the delay but I'm not getting email notifications. In my local server the permissions are correct, it was the first thing to check when I saw the error, I changed the permissions for all reading and to the owners of the file and have the same error ... leave that matter aside for the moment while others solve problems and finish the website template.