Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Site appearence different for member than admin

When I am signed in as an admin, or visit the site as a guest, the discussion lists and category lists have a grey background. But when I sign in as a member the grey background is gone, and it shows as white. Another strange thing is, I have another vanilla forum, which appears to be set up the same, but doesn't have this problem.

Comments

• I am using version 2.1

Not using a custom theme, but i did change the stlye.css to change the colour at the top.

I have never used firebug so wouldn't know how to check css rules for different roles.

The site is www.footballtalk.net if anyones wouldn't mind looking. Thanks

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@‌Stevie_c

OK. The change is caused because of the following rule in style.css:

.Item.Read {
      background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #f3f3f3;
      opacity: 0.9;
    }

This sets the backgroud colour of threads which have been read.

Guests don't see that, which is why they stay white for those not logged in.

If you don't want that to happen, create a custom theme, and add this rule to it, setting the #f3f3f3 to #ffffff or any colour you want.You should also take any other css changes out of syle.css and add the to custom.css instead.

• Omg i'm an idiot! It's because my admin profile has created all the discussions, there fore I have read them all making them grey. And my new user profile hasn't read any, which is why they are white!

Thank you for your help whu606