Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Yaga 0.6

hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is the last planned beta version before a 1.0 release.

I just released Yaga 0.6 and am looking for some help testing it. Please download the 0.6 release of Yaga and play around with it. Abuse it. Try to break it. Then let me know what you think either here or on the issue page here: https://github.com/hgtonight/Application-Yaga/issues

Anything you find I would be more than happy to hear about!

What is new in 0.6?

A detailed changelist can be viewed here: V 0.6 Changelist

A lot more has changed from 0.5 than I was expecting, but there are some sweet new features:

• Associated Yaga data is now removed (as applicable) when deleting users
  • Added PostCount rule that awards badges based on the sum of a user's discussion and comment count (thanks @R_J)
  • Added DiscussionCategory rule that awards badges if a discussion is posted in the selected category (thanks @JanHoos‌)
  • Actions now have tool tips rendered on the action list
  • Created a set of default badges and included the source SVGs
  • Completely revamped the Ranks feature

• Progression is now based on points, post count, and account age
    • New Perk system that hands out roles, specific permissions, and configuration overrides as incentives/deterrents
  • Improved installation documentation

Those are the big changes. There was also a lot of smaller fixes and optimizations that should make everything work better and smoother.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Comments

• Options

I installed it. Seems there is problem in following combo of rules. When I am setting, say 100 points and 2 weeks old criteria, the rank is awarded even if just one of them is fulfilled

• Options
    edited July 2014

@somesh‌

1. Fresh install of Vanilla 2.1
    2. Fresh install of Yaga 0.6 (found an error in the stub function :( )
    3. Create a rank with requirement of 100 points and 1 week old
    4. Modify the like action to give out 101 points.
    5. Create a second user
    6. Post something as the new user
    7. Like it as the original user
    8. Second user is not promoted to the new rank

I can't reproduce your issue. :(

I did find ( :( ) and squash ( :) ) two bugs already, so thanks!

EDIT - The fixes to those bugs are in 0.6.1 which was just updated here

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

hgtonight,

I <3 your use of emoticons in your blow-by-blow description. A picture is worth a thousand words B)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@hgtonight Sorry, the problem I reported actually was not the same as I thought it to be. I am still using 0.6 version on Vanila 2.1 and it appears that the rules are not being followed. I have created a rule of 100 points and 200 posts to award a certain rank. But a user with just 13 points and over 3000 posts gets the rank.

PS: I had previously installed the Like This plugin which is not in use now but I guess the databse still exists for that plugin, if that matters. I will install 0.6.1 and let you know

• Options

I would try and install fresh vanilla and test out YAGA. But for now I can tell you the aforementioned problem persists. Also, the badge award notification appears like 'Yaga.HeadlineFormat.Promoted'. I don't know whether the feedback helps.
    PS: I have added Yaga 0.6.1 over the existing folder i.e. without deleting the older version

• Options

@somesh thanks for the testing. :)

If you could PM me a dump of the Action, Badge, BadgeAward, Rank, and Reaction tables, I would be grateful.

As far as the 'Yaga.HeadlineFormat.Promoted' thing, you need to force a refresh of the locale cache. From the readme:

3. Finally, you need to delete the /cache/locale_map.ini file to force refresh the locale definitions.

Search first

• Options

@hgtonight Do you want it in sql format?

• Options

@somesh said:
    hgtonight Do you want it in sql format?

Sounds good to me.

Search first