Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't enable plugin

I have an issue with "Add Registration Question". Downloaded the zip file, extracted into plugins/, chmod'ed (files 644 - folders 755 and chown'ed (www-data) all the files.

However i'm still not able to enable the plugin through the dashboard. No errors in error.log. Any ideas?

PS: i have the same issue with "Registration Restrict Logger".

Comments

• what version of vanilla are you using?

They both require vanilla 2.1 and will probably not work with any other versions of software.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Crud, forgot to add my version. I'm using Vanilla 2.2.3.4.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

I recommend you go to 2.1 and try it,

• since I don't support my plugins with 2.2.x, nor can I test it,

• and the vanilla staff have stated not to use 2.2.x for self-hosted software.

• I do know from user reports that they work in vanilla 2.1

hope that helps.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@frdmn said:
    Crud, forgot to add my version. I'm using Vanilla 2.2.3.4.

You are not using a stable version of Vanilla. The version you are using is for developers only. I guess that at least 90% of your problems go down to that point: addons are not tested for any version above 2.1 and even standard functionality is not guaranteed to work. Version 2.1 is really nice and if it is just for the bootstrap theme, you can use that for 2.1, too. I'd really advice you start over with a fresh install of 2.1

• Can i use the export/import to migrate my data to a lower version as well? I use this version since... Im not sure at least a year i guess. :/

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited July 2014

Yes of course you can, simply save a backup of the Data base then overwrite your install with the 2.1 files via ftp folder by folder to make sure all goes well then delete any ini and cache files . Change the version number in the config to reflect the correct one if necessary . Check the htaccess in case it was overwritten too.

The best way to go is to install 2.1 in a subdirectory get that working and then migrate data or update the main once you test the installation .

• frdmnfrdmn New
    edited July 2014

Alright. I'll give this a try the upcoming weekend :)

Thank you guys so far.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@frdmn‌

I think you may be confusing the version number of Bootstrap with the version number of Vanilla.

Go to your dashboard, then scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you will see which Vanilla version you have.

• @whu606‌

No, since the Bootstrap theme is already using Bootstrap 3, i doubt that:

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Looking at his forum (link posted elsewhere), you'll see /js/global.js?v=2.2.3.4 and /themes/bootstrap/design/style.css?v=2.3.1. It really is alpha

OK

Was just surprised when you said you had been using it for a year...

• @whu606 i'm wondering as well, because i didn't update manually at all. Is there an autoupdate which could somehow updated for me automatically?

@frdmn‌

I don't think so.

Normally the problem is getting auto-updaters to catch up with the latest stable version.

I can't see any way an Alpha version would be offered.

• Weird... Well, i'll just downgrade to the stable version and see if this helps. Thank you, @whu606‌ :)