Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Some language changes and extra top menu item?

SchryversSchryvers
edited July 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have some questions, cant find them on the site here.

I want translate this message into dutch, but i cant find the message anywhere and add it to the locale dutch file doesnt have any effect. I need the direct location of that text.

This is the top menu (in dutch..) of the forum, i want to add 1 or 2 extra links in it just to external sites... taken me for about 3 days of searching before asking here today... im gonna get crazy!

Then, i dont know if i post it in the good category, but i have a question about the LatestPostList plugin...

This one, i want between the two posts a breakline.. and... if anyone knows.. i want before the author name the text: by: but then in dutch: door:

Can anyone help me out 1 by 1?

should reallly really really appreciate it!!!

thanks.

VANILLA VERSION: LATEST 2.1 STABLE

Best Answer

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

here's an answer to number 2.

2) you can use addmenu item plugin to add links
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/addmenuitem-plugin

or modify default master in views in theme.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Well, the plugin is not working i tried that one yesterday, and then i tried it now but theres nothing showing up. I modifying the default master alot but i think you cant do it from there...

I tried some solutions from the reactions below the plugin but it still doesn't work for me.

Thanks for your input.

• Well thats hot! That worked for me very thankfull.

Now my biggest problem is the confirm email message that appears when u logged in but not confirmed your email yet. Is it normal that when that message is on, all the topics are gone and unreadable till you confirm your email or logout?