Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sharing on Inidvidual Comments

NooNoo New
edited July 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi !

Is there a way to share the individual comments ( not the Post but the comments thereon ) on to other networks such as FB, LinkedIn , WordPress etc... ?

Using Vanilla 2.1

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited July 2014

AFAIK, that granularity is not implemented.

It shouldn't be that hard to add, but I haven't looked at social sharing plugins in a while.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I think that'd be a nice feature... let us say I have a thread talking about " small smiles" and one particular smiley is particularly funny for me than the rest and i want to share it, rather than the whole thread...that'd be helpful !...any way it can be done now..maybe by pasting some URL on the FB page ?

• Options

You can share a link to the comment directly.

The time stamp is a permalink to that comment.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Thanks @hgtonight‌ ... this seems to be working here and in my Vanilla forum - but only a link, not the content/images therein. posted on FB it gives some content/images etc. but that is for the top of the post, not the comments thereon although clicking on the link seems to take me directly to the comment....any way to add in the content/image of the comment therein ? Thanks anyways, this too as is could be useful.....

• Options

@Noo said:
    Thanks hgtonight‌ ... this seems to be working here and in my Vanilla forum - but only a link, not the content/images therein. posted on FB it gives some content/images etc. but that is for the top of the post, not the comments thereon although clicking on the link seems to take me directly to the comment....any way to add in the content/image of the comment therein ? Thanks anyways, this too as is could be useful.....

Automatically setting the image and description requires updating the metadata on the DiscussionController::Comment() method. I am not sure this is a good idea from an SEO standpoint.

Search first