Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Imported user application?

Hey,

Just imported a load of users from phpBB into Vanilla. I gave them all my "User" permissions. Now I have them all appearing in my "Applicants" administration section!

Any ideas? I even tried manually fiddling with it through phpMyAdmin but nothing worked.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

first check the role table and see what user roles correspond to what roleid's.

check you userrole table - the roleid column signifies the role assigned to each user (userid).

then you can set the userrole table to match the roles you want the user to correspond to.

e.g. if the Member role is 8 (general user) and the applicant role is "4"

you can set all applicant to members via a SQL statement in PhpMyAdmin

UPDATE GDN_UserRoleSETRoleID` = '8' WHERE RoleID =4;

at least this a way to do it in Vanilla 2.1.

you didn't mention your version of vanilla. It will probably be the same in all versions of vanilla.

Generally when asking a question you should mention your version of vanilla, so you don't get a flood of answers referring to a fix in a version you don't have.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks, I have Vanilla 2.1 and this worked! :D