Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Comment on New User's Discussion awarded for comments from the new user

I have a badge setup using the rule 'Comment on New User's Discussion', with the 'User Newbness' set to two weeks.

1. New user "johndoe" joins the forums, creates discussion.
  2. Existing user "janedoe" comments the discussion, perhaps is awarded a badge for 'Comment on New User's Discussion'.
  3. "johndoe" comes back and says thanks for the comment, is awarded a badge for 'Comment on New User's Discussion'.

That probably isn't the desired outcome for most people using that rule to create a badge. What most people are probably looking for is something like "Award this badge if a comment is placed on a newbs first discussion, and the discussion wasn't started by the same user". So you can't get the badge by commenting on your own discussion.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited July 2014

Thanks for trying my addon!

I thought I fixed this bug already.

What version are you running?

EDIT - I fixed a similar bug in the reflex comment rule. Fixed this issue in commit 1f4d2549bc

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• That looks like it, thanks so much!