HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

2.0 & 2.1 Help

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited July 2014 in General Banter

I renamed "Questions" to "Vanilla 2.0 Help" and created a new "Vanilla 2.1 Help" category.

I also mass-moved quite a few discussions out of the old "Questions" category based on text searches. This included moving all discussions prior to the release of 2.0 into the (now un-archived but hidden from Latest Discussions) "Vanilla 1.0" category and moving as many 2.1-related discussions as possible into the new 2.1 category.

Moderators, please feel free to move discussions if/when you find one in the wrong spot (no redirect needed).

Hopefully that will help clarify things and make Google searches a little clearer. Getting 1.0 discussions necro'd was a bit perturbing.

Comments

• Double Awesome!

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

I renamed "Questions" to "Vanilla 2.0 Help" and created a new "Vanilla 2.1 Help" category.

any thoughts on making category blank (instead of pre-selecting category based on page from where user clicks new discussion), and always force category selection when user enters new discussion.

just an idea, if you decide to implement in the future.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭
    edited December 2014

CCS Class in Categories, I have looked up on w3school.com and wiki and CCS = Cascading Style Sheets, so just for styling and nothing else? What I was looking to do was to put a "clickable" link or links in the category description, so the category will show normally and the description would be a link eg. my category "Entertainment and Events" the description http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/thailand/thailand_festival.html or " click here > Festivals How would I do this? Maybe many others would like this facility.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭
    edited December 2014

Category >>> Entertainment and Events-------------------------------------------------- Description >>>Festival << I have made this into clickable link now on the Category menu but once the category is opened it loses the link, any ideas?