Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Site throwing 500 internal server error while uploading site from localhost

edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Site is based on Vanilla open source.

When I upload site from localhost to live server..It shows 500 internal server error.

I have changed the config.php as required and htaccess too.
What might be the issue Is it the permission issue or something?

Needed suggestions.Thanks.

Comments

• Suggest to take a look in the Apache error logs.

Suggest to clear the cache/*.ini files

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• if deleting the ini files in you cache folder doesn't resolve, post your .htaccess file

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• 500 errors mean you need to look at server logs.

grep is your friend.

• if you have a statement in .htaccess that is not permitted, it can create a 500 error.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• and many things...

grep is your friend.

• Issue is resolved..Thanks a lot guys.

• @rajesh_peerbits‌ what was the solution?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @UnderDog‌ It was due to cache.I emptied it and It started working.

• CsabbencsCsabbencs
    edited September 2014

Hey, I just uploaded vanilla to a new host never used before by me, and after setting rewriteurls = TRUE and using 'Clean URLs', I got error 500.

When using URLs like 'index.php?p=' everything is fine.

Apache log says: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

Any ideas?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

Hey, I just uploaded vanilla to a new host never used before by me,

probably best to start a new discussion, explaining the process "uploaded" - which really doesn't tell the story.

also you might want to mention your version of vanilla as well as if it was ported, migrated, or upgraded.
    also post your .htaccess any routes you added to vanilla, and if rewrite is allowed by your server host.

its especially not a great idea to add on to a discussion that says SOLVED in the title.