Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Understanding the Permission Table

So I'm writing a MyBB converter for the Porter, but I'm trying to better understand the GDN_Permission table. I'm wondering if someone can confirm my understanding of the table:

1) Any permission that has JunctionTable, JunctionColumn, and JunctionID = NULL, that means that this permission does not apply to any specific category or discussion. It is a general access permission for activities.

2) Any permission that has JunctionTable, JunctionColumn, set to "Category" and "PermissionCategoryID" respectively and JunctionID = -1, these are the permissions for the "Default Category Permissions"

3) Any permission that has JunctionTable, JunctionColumn, set to "Category" and "PermissionCategoryID" respectively and JunctionID equal to the value of a CategoryID, these are the permissions for that specific discussion Category.

Does this sound correct?

Lastly, is there any instance where JunctionTable and JunctionColumn will be anything other than "Category" and "PermissionCategoryID" respectively?

Comments

• Don't concern yourself with permissions, if anything set roles. Then apply permission to the the roles after converting. Otherwise you are opening up a minefield.

Users are assigned roles not permissions directly, permissions are assigned to roles. When a user has multiple roles, their permission will the sum of those permissions.

grep is your friend.

• One issue with some for the import format is they lack real schema, and sometime have produced duplicates, which goes and the the primary keys.

The NULLs vs empty or 0 produces different result and sometimes the permission table has to rebuilt by default then recreated in the interface.

grep is your friend.

• Oh, okay. Thanks x00.

Then I think my MyBB porter is almost complete!

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Don't forget to send us a pull request and sign the contributors' agreement: http://vanillaforums.org/contributors so we can include it in the Porter. :) Cheers!

• Okay Linc