Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to get the forum of pagalguy kind where user can ask a question with 4 options?

Pagalguy has 2 options, post and Question. How can we get the same features in the vanilla forums?
My forum should like that where the user asks a question with his 4 options.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

did you ask Papalguy? whoever that may be, or whatever forum that may be.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I didn't get you peregrine, I need that kind of add on to my forum, instead of posting, user has to ask a question with 4 options. I just quote example of pagalguy.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

oh, it was other software.

what does user ask a question with 4 options mean. if you posted a screenshot of example it would go a long way, so we don't have to search and wonder what you want. or go offsite.

maybe you want discussionpoll plugin.

or create 4 categories with Q&A plugin.

you probably want to move to vanila 2.1 anyways. hardly worth the trouble for a version that will be going away in 5 or 6 months.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

The user should pose a question to the forum giving 4 options to choose answer among those 4.

• Options

Sounds a lot like polls

grep is your friend.

• Options

yeah, but more user friendly. Is that possible?

• Options

@ottikalla2014 said:
    yeah, but more user friendly. Is that possible?

Anything is possible.

It depends if you think this just happens by magic or you are realistic are either going to do it yourself or pay someone.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I need solution not philosophy :/

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@ottikalla2014 said:

Solutions cost time and/or money.

I am happy to accept actual criticism and pull requests for Discussion Polls.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@ottikalla2014 said:

Philosophy has nothing to do with it, my response what 100% practical and common sense.

If business was as easy is cloning your rival's features at a trip of a switch we would all do it. If you want to do likewise, you have to have the acumen and skills they have.

Or alternatively you can come up with some other approach to differentiate yourself in the market.

Some people who ask questions like yours are realistic about the response others aren't. It is not so easy to tell which from the offset.

I could start a discussion saying "How do I make Vanilla clean my blue suede shoes?".

Now it might just be possible by a stroke of pure genius that Vanilla has the potential to clean my blue suede shoes. However it won't happen unless I develop the feature, using the infrastructure available.

So perhaps answer to the question you want is "yes it is entirely possible and that would be a plugin, that someone would develop, and that vanilla is very pluggable".

But that depends if you wanted that sort of answer or wanted some ready solution exactly as you envisioned, the problem with that is it is so specific to your use case the like-hood of it being publicly available is diminished.

Or perhaps you might think you can get some short explanation is a post, how to do it, but again it might not be something that could be easily covered such a post, and answer are volunteer, it might not be realistic expect to receive tutoring all the way through without effort on your part.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited August 2014

@ottikalla2014 said:

Then put up the money.