Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

different themes for notebooks and smartphones?

I've read a few articles about this but I am not sure about version 2.1. Does this work also in 2.1 and where are these themes set up?
Our forum has been setup with the default theme (embeded) and on a smartphone it doesn't look good. I have then installed a smartphone theme and activated that one.
On a PC and on a tablet the 'new' theme will be used but not on a smartphone?! I assume that there will be some settings I don't know but where are they located?

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@uhebeisen‌

Welcome to the community.

To use a separate mobile theme, add the theme to your themes folder, and add this setting in config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'mobilethemename';

• This is a loosing strategy. You can't trust device info anyway, and you aren't goign to test for the vast magnitude off devices.

There is currently okish mobile detection and you can pick a different theme for mobile.

However by far the best strategy long tern is responsive design, It will adapt to fit the particular screen.

grep is your friend.

• @whu606: thanks for your advise.

At least that show me how to start searching. Strange in the config.php file we had such a setting calling a mobile theme that is installed but that theme never was used on a smartphone.

I have now disabled this setting and we are using a responsive theme. It looks really minimal on a PC but at least it is responsive. And on the iPhone it is responsive too (in some way) but it uses more than the default width of the iPhone screen (about one and a half) maybe this can be set in the theme itself.

We will have to investigate into this as soon as the rest of the website is up and running.