Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Canned responses

aaronkingaaronking New
edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

In Gmail you have a option called 'Canned Responses' which you can create and acts like a mini template and works well.

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a similar thing that can be added in Vanilla forums? (Maybe there is a plugin or maybe it's already in the forum, but I can't find it?

Tagged:

Comments

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping that I could create templates, and then when I read the users post, I could then choose a reply from the list of Canned responses so that I don't need to fill out the reply part.

That plugin is more to trigger the reply if it detects a word etc in it, where I want to be able to choose the reply I want to reply back with.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

yes there is no plugin, you would need to get someone to write it, or write it yourself, or sponsor it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine said:
    yes there is no plugin, you would need to get someone to write it, or write it yourself, or sponsor it.

That's a little disappointing, I guess I will need to keep looking.

• There is this expectation the every idea or specific need already has a plugin, but it is probably not realistic.

Vanilla is very pluggable, so there is no reason why it can't be done.

But frankly there isn't people just sitting around making endless free stuff for everyone on demand, with no incentive or reward. That isn't the point of OS software at all.

grep is your friend.