Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Argh!!! User in denial is denied using Vanilla Forum

motahcitymotahcity
edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello (and your response to that is probably all that I am going to understand).

In May I upgraded to Vanilla 2.1. Everything seems to go fine and the forum ran perfectly. (ran being the operative word) Recently there were a few occasions where an error message would pop up while entering the forum ... "Something Has Gone Wrong".

I cleared the cache but to no avail. It's the same message.

First, any help is and will be appreciated. Where do I start? (duh)

Comments

• Options

And of freaking course as soon as I ask for help it comes back up!

It's a recurring issue and needs to be addressed. Still courting assistance, if you please.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Please enable debugging by adding $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; to your /conf/config.php file.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    motahcitymotahcity
    edited August 2014

Thank you, I hope I did this correctly ...

Also, why is there reference to the old Vanilla version? Is that an issue since the upgrade to 2.1?

$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;

snip

Thank You!

• Options
    motahcitymotahcity
    edited August 2014

OK, getting something I've not seen before, I believe it is your debugging script trying to tell me something ...

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache

Info Need to re-index plugin cache

Info CommentModel->PageWhere()

Info

Comment.Page.30.7.1025: false

Info CommentModel->CachePageWhere()

Info

Comment.Page.30.7.1025: array (
    0 => '2014-08-14 02:06:40',
    )

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited August 2014

That is normal. By the sounds of it is and even or load trigger. So you need to catch error when it happens. Probably best setting up error logs. So you don't have to wait.

grep is your friend.

• Options

That's Great! (I think?) I am a newer than noob noobie.

So, I go about doing that how?

Thanks

• Options

Some days it's your turn to be a cat in a full sandbox. Today is my turn. :(