Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

2.1 is needed ?

Hello,

I'm french so excuse my english.
I have a vanilla forum 2.0 with jsconnect for SSO authentification. I want to have embeded themes and i see that 2.1 will help me for that. If i go to this page : http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-don-t-work-in-vanilla-2-1 i see it works, but if i go to the plugin page i don't see the same information.

What information believe ?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Welcome! The best guide to go by is the age of the plugin. If it has not been updated in more than one year, it is possible that it will not work with 2.1.

Sometimes people create plugins or themes and they never come back or update them, but some of them can be modernized and made to work.

The list in the link are testimonials of people who used them and tested them recently and either found they work or don't work, or that they made them work so they can work.

You must test yourself to see what will work by creating a second test forum where you test all you want to do and then once you get that going you can move to 2.1 on the main forum.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Essaye de voir si le plugin fonctionne pour 2.1.

Et si non, essaye de trouver un autre moyen d'authentification SSO(si il y en a d'autre, je n'ai pas regardé).
    De toutes façons, il va falloir que tu passes a 2.1 car Vanilla 2.0.* n'est bientôt plus disponible pour l'aide, les thèmes et les plugins.

Quelques thèmes ont déjà étés adaptés pour Vanilla 2.1, mais de toutes façons, ce n'est pas très difficile.
    K17,
    vanillaforums.fr

• Merci.

A priori c'est le seul qui existe et qui est fonctionnel. J'ai fait la migration, mais j'ai de gros soucis graphiques / connexion quand j'édite / post / supprime un message... C'est pas évident pour un débutant ! Pas grand chose d'expliqué ou des infos contradictoires ou non identifiées selon les versions... :/

• if you post in English and french - you have a better chance of someone besides a french speaker responding - your choice.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I respond in french for the french people :)
    But if you want a translation...

Jsconnect is the only SSO plugin i know. It is functionnal towards the infos i have. But with the migration i have several problems. Graphicals (theme aren't good as they are default...), connexions when i edit, post or erase messages... It's not fair for a beginner, and there is lack off documentations or conflicting besides differents versions... Difficult to have a clear information.