Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need a Plugin for Editor containg Quote and Spoiler Function

primar13primar13 New
edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a plugin for 2.1.1 that include both Spoilers and Quoting of Previous Posts.

I would prefer a "Quote" Button under the post I want to quote that automatically starts a comment with that info in it.
I also want it to list the quoted posts author.

I also need a Spoilers Tag that resembles an expandable window containg all the information in the spoilers Tag.

I don't know a lot about php but we are transitioning from phpBB to Vanilla and want to keep some of the abilities we had before.

We would also like a plugin that includes some emotes but one where we can add about 12 of our favorite emotes to it rather easily

I know its a tall order but if anyone can help that would be awesome

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

Although I'm happy for your response do you happen to have links to two that will work together?... The ones I have found which are most of the major ones either don't work at all or they won't work together.

• Options

Okay, for no apparent reason these two plugins have now decided to work together... I have no idea why...

• Options

No not right now we are just demoing the software and if we like it we will make a full forums with it.

My main mod is lookig for a quick mod tool, we added the split/merge plugin which has the capability but is really buggy on my machine, it thinks i have posts selected when i don't do you have any better suggestions

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

I use the 'tweaked' version Split/Merge FE which works fine:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/splitmergefe-plugin

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@primar13‌

Split/merge remembers selected discussions even when switching pages. This is a must if you want to merge a new discussion with an older one that doesn't appear on the same page (or in the same category).

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.