Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Force sign in after clicking visible category/discussions?

Is there a plugin like this that will only force sign in guests after clicking visible categories?

For example this kind of homepage: http://gyazo.com/604e0ad7a6d71791855cb1f73f65e1e0

All discussions/categories must be visible to Guests but once they click them, they will be forced to sign in.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

That is an interesting use case.

I can't think of anything that does it, but you could add a new permission on the discussion and comment controllers. Something like 'Vanilla.Discussion.FullView'.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• This would not be very good SEO, if that was a concern.

Unless it was a soft solution.

grep is your friend.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This reminds me of Quora that has a login wall.

I hate that site with a passion.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    This reminds me of Quora that has a login wall.

I hate that site with a passion.

Also online newspapers, but it does make sense to have premium content.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@hgtonight said:
    I can't think of anything that does it, but you could add a new permission on the discussion and comment controllers. Something like 'Vanilla.Discussion.FullView'.

I'd go the opposite way and use 'Vanilla.Discussion.StubView' since the 'View' permission already works as you'd intend 'FullView' to.

There is already a convention for adding sub-permissions like this in Vanilla, but it would require a core modification presently, I suspect.