Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Add remarks/notes for every users in Dashboard > Users

Is there any plugin for this?

Comments

• Options

A plugin like this wouldn't have much room to see the notes unless one of two things.

If it had less columns or you clicked or hovered to see the notes.

Pm me if you are interested in sponsoring (and specs are agreed upon between us).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Not sure what you are looking for. Maybe something like that: example.com/dashboard/message ?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

edited: got your pm, i sent you a reply.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

would this be useful to anyone else?

also - I know @hgtonight was going to have a ranking flagging system for admins to mark users at some point, if that was the case a notes addition might be useful.

if that is a long way off, I could do something.

question is

would it be better to use usermeta or just create a usernotes table with

userid a varchar field

one notes entry per user.

adding a column to user table would be the easiest option, not sure if that would slow performance though having a big varchar column.

any thoughts.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

If the data is going to be used/useful on every page, add it to the user table. If it will be seldom used, use UserMeta.

I have no eta on the flagging addon.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I would find this useful for a number of puropses! Mostly for communicating stuff like "warned 3 times", or "VIP!!", or "paid, premium support" between mods :-)