Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to re-install Vanilla forum?

edited September 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have my forum setup, it was okay but when i success import "exported data" from my another vanilla forum data, it corrupted.
The role is corrupted.
Whenever i try to open the role, http://mydomain.com/role/edit/2 or open another page about role, it display error:

"Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
Please check back in a little while."

Now i want to uninstall and reinstall this vanilla forum again, can somedoby help me?? thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2014

Part of the problem is people updating are getting this mixed up with import/export. They are completely different things.

If your forum is originally vanilla there is really no need to use the import feature.

The best way to transport an mysql database it through a mysql dump. This will retain the data and structure. Then you can update. Of course you should read the update instructions as usual.

What were you attempting to do?

grep is your friend.

• Options

hem, may be i should reinstall again, how to do fresh install?

• Options

You haven't really answered my question.

Installing the files doesn't change the data.

You do an install by reading the installation instructions carefully.

grep is your friend.

• Options

If your roles are messed up, you can use /dashboard/role/defaultroles

However, as @x00 stated, there is no need to export when updating.
    If you transfer your database with an SQL dump you should retain all your roles.