Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Editor used on this site

Is the editor used on this site a public plugin, collection of plugins or something custom?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

It's a private plugin that will be released publicly in 2.3, the next version.

• Options

Great. Very much looking forward to it!

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

2.3 - think it will be in

predictions anyone? :)

a) before end of 2014
    b) early 2015
    c) late 2015
    d) 2016
    e) after 2016 but before 2020.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@peregrine - your question and current date resume very discouraging. ..

To all the grand coding wizards - it appears that the buttonbar plugin with few added buttons would give us most of the common functionality. Given that this plugin is the only one working on mobile devices, shouldn't someone enhance the plugin as an interim solution that supports mobile (it's 2015 guys) until the official new editor will show up here (which may or may not work on mobile devices)?

As an aside, I question the business wisdom of open source vendors who keep a tight leash on releasing functionality to the community. Yea, they enhance the value of paid service, but they also limit new users into the fold. Probably for another discussion. ..

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@rbrahmson said:

To all the grand coding wizards - it appears that the buttonbar plugin with few added buttons would give us most of the common functionality. Given that this plugin is the only one working on mobile devices, shouldn't someone enhance the plugin as an interim solution that supports mobile (it's 2015 guys) until the official new editor will show up here (which may or may not work on mobile devices)?

The Advanced Editor is released in 2.2, which is currently in beta right now.

It obviously works on mobile as I am currently typing into it on my phone.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@hgtonight -that's great news.
    Is it possible to install that editor plugin in 2.1.11? If so, I'd like to get my hands on it;-)

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@rbrahmson

I don't think so, no.

• Options

Anyone with a better answer? ;-)))

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

No. If it was compatible with 2.1 it would have already been released with 2.1.

But if you'd like to try it out, you could install the beta.

• Options

What's the difference between the advanced version in 2.2 and this one in 2.3?

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

@Simeon_Griggs none, 2.3 was renamed to 2.2

• Options

OK, I understand. So going back to peregrine's loooong prediction list, based on your experiences, when would 2.2 get out of beta? (I could have rephrased it as "when do you predict we will have a mobile supporting editor?")

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@rbrahmson said:
    OK, I understand. So going back to peregrine's loooong prediction list, based on your experiences, when would 2.2 get out of beta? (I could have rephrased it as "when do you predict we will have a mobile supporting editor?")

Button bar works on mobile right now. I believe the WysiHtml editor works on mobile as well, but it has been a while since I used it.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@rbrahmson said:
    OK, I understand. So going back to peregrine's loooong prediction list, based on your experiences, when would 2.2 get out of beta?

There's currently only 1 announced discussion on this forum and it hold exactly this information.

• Options

Thank you @link (who wrote in that discussion that "As far as the schedule for this cycle, I plan to release either b2 or rc1 the week of June 29 (in ~2 weeks). I hope for a gold release the second half of July."). I don't know how an empty hat like me got the attention of one of the masters of the universe. Maybe it's the 4th of July week, maybe it's because the new version is really really close...

Since we're evaluating Vanilla (2.1.11) for a newly contemplated forum (namely we're not in production) we can wait the two agonizing weeks to the middle of July. I'm sorry, we won't be testing the beta because we don't want beta bugs to negatively impact our evaluation.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    Button bar works on mobile right now. I believe the WysiHtml editor works on mobile as well, but it has been a while since I used it.

Thanks, will try these in the interim