Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Issues with 2.1.1

Hello. I have some issues with Vanilla Forums 2.1.1 (I have just upgraded to this version but it hasn't fixed them). Maybe somebody can help me fix these:

1. Using the default theme the 'Views' stay as '1'. I have searched and found a possible solution, to add "$Configuration['Vanilla']['Denormalize'] = FALSE;" to the config.php file, but this did not work for me.

2. Also using the default theme, the number of comments shown is 1 less than the real number. For example, a new post with no comments will show '-1'. With 1 reply it shows '0', with 2 replies it shows '1'.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dai

Comments

• Options

Using the default theme the 'Views' stay as '1'. I have searched and found a possible solution, to add "$Configuration['Vanilla']['Denormalize'] = FALSE;" to the config.php file, but this did not work for me.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/208595/#Comment_208595

Also using the default theme, the number of comments shown is 1 less than the real number. For

example, a new post with no comments will show '-1'. With 1 reply it shows '0', with 2 replies it shows '1'.
    what plugins are you using? you probably have a plugin that modified that

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. I will work through the plugins to determine if one or more of them are causing the issue.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

@DaiWebb said:
    2. Also using the default theme, the number of comments shown is 1 less than the real number. For example, a new post with no comments will show '-1'. With 1 reply it shows '0', with 2 replies it shows '1'.

This sounds like a fix for Vanilla 2.0.x counting the initial discussion body as a comment. A new discussion in Vanilla 2.0.x has 1 comment, while a new discussion in Vanilla 2.1.x has 0 comments.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.