Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

WYSIWYG and statistics plugins not working on fresh 2.1.2 install

I just set up Vanilla Forums for the first time, and while most things seem to be working great, I can't get the WYSIWYG and statistics plugins to work.

After enabling the WYSIWYG plugin, there's no WYSIWYG menu when writing a new post -- there's just no evidence that I enabled it at all. Don't know if I'm missing a required step here.

As for the statistics plugin, the stats screen asks for my "Application ID" and "Application Secret" instead of displaying stats. I can't find any documentation on what these might be.

The plugin infrastructure isn't totally broken, however, as the "All Viewed" plugin seems to work as expected.

I'd be happy to provide any information about my setup for troubleshooting. I'm new at this so it's entirely possible I set something up wrong. FYI, I issued the following commands to ensure that the correct directories had executable permissions:

chmod -R 777 /var/www/conf
chmod -R 777 /var/www/uploads
chmod -R 777 /var/www/cache

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tagged: