Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Facebook UniqueID is Required

edited September 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Just not able to signin to an existing account (new users are able to register on the forum).

• have configure the app details.
  • am getting 'UniqueID is required ' error.
  • running on 2.1.3.

Searched through the forum - there is no help. Any help?

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@ashish12345 said:
    Just not able to signin to an existing account (new users are able to register on the forum).

• have configure the app details.
    • am getting 'UniqueID is required ' error.
    • running on 2.1.3.

Searched through the forum - there is no help. Any help?

Why do you post under 2.0 help if you are running 2.1.3?

What have you tried so far? There are numerous discussions concerning Facebook connection problems. The last I remember was all about non existing curl on the server.

• Options

sorry - can't remove it from here. wil create a new thread for 2.1

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I edited the category for you.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

any help on this issue?

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

What have you tried by now to make it working?

Have you ensured you have curl installed? (As I've said, that's what I know has been an error last time).
    Have you been looking at all other discussions and done what is advised there? If yes, tell us what you have done. If not tell us also. Please be as specific as possible.

• Options

Yes .
    curl is installed. app is also configured correctly.

looked around and there seems to quite a few people facing similar issue.

• Options
    edited September 2014

so here is an update. I tried to disable the plugin and this is what I get.

"{"Targets":[{"Target":"#Provider_Facebook","Data":"
    \n

\n \n <\/span>\n \n \n Facebook Social Connect \n \n not configured<\/span> <\/span>\n <\/span>\n Users may sign into your site using their Facebook account.<\/span>\n <\/span>\n \n Disabled<\/a><\/span><\/span>\n <\/div>\n <\/li>\n","Type":"Html"}],"FormSaved":true,"DeliveryType":"VIEW","Data":"","InformMessages":[{"CssClass":"Dismissable AutoDismiss","Message":"Plugin disabled."}],"ErrorMessages":"","RedirectUrl":""}"

FB connect is configured. any help?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I would like to help but I don't use this.

Have you tried regenerating your application key on facebook and re-configuring the plugin under social connect options?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Check also here.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/27838/again-uniqueid-is-required-facebook-oauth-login-problem#latest

My problem was provider that has curl() but disabled curl_exec() function in php.

solution: change provider