Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Signing out each time

Hi,

I just installed vanilla 2.1 on my domain. After signing in, when I try to navigate through pages, i'm signed out. I need to sign in again and again. ANy help pleasE?
even on the same page, after few mins ( 3- 4 mins), I'm getting logged out automatically !!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

have you got two copies of the forum open in tabs?

grep is your friend.

• Options

Yes..

• Options

You need to change the cookie salt so they are not the same.

$Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Salt'] = 'somerandomchars';

put something unique.

You can also change the name

$Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Name'] = 'SomethingElse';

grep is your friend.

• Options

When I checked the config file, there is no [sessiontime]. So, I added 60 minutes value to it. the problem is solved. Thanks anyways!

• Options

Thanks for reporting back.

grep is your friend.

• Options

session length should be 15 mins default. Unless the config-default.php has been edited, which not supposed to be edited, or conf.php overrules, this is the expected value.

grep is your friend.

• Options

yeah I saw that in conf-default.php file but after adding session time in conf.php my problem is solved

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2014

Interesting you didn't change anything else? You said you were viewing two version of the forum in two tabs.

grep is your friend.

• Options

NO, dint change any. I meant, I opening dashboard in one tab and general forum page in other tab.

• Options

So no other copy of the forum?

If you could reproduce this, it would be useful to make a tiket on github. Does it return when you remove the $Configuration['Garden']['Session']['Length']?

I suspect is highly specific to setup though or else a lot more people would report it, so it would not be a straightforward entry would require as much support information about specific setup. Probably a link to an example, etc.

It could also be hanging session issues, and cashing issues, etc in which case this is just transitory.

grep is your friend.

• Options

This is weird...i just commented the $Configuration['Garden']['Session']['Length']? and its working fine..

• Options

@x00 said:
    I think you may have had multiple cookies, and needed to expire them.

yeah that must be the problem