Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Moving Vanilla 2.0.18.13

khalwatkhalwat New
edited September 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

So I'm hoping to move Vanilla Forums 2.0.18.13 from http://forums.XXXX.com/ to http://www.XXXX.com/forums

I did some research first, so deleted all of the .ini files in ~/forums/cache/ but when I try going to the new URL, I'm seeing this:

Backtrace:
/var/www/clp/forums/library/core/class.format.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();
[/var/www/clp/forums/library/core/class.format.php:1231] PHP::unserialize();
[/var/www/clp/forums/library/core/class.configuration.php:174] Gdn_Format::Unserialize();
[/var/www/clp/forums/library/core/class.gdn.php:93] Gdn_Configuration->Get();
[/var/www/clp/forums/library/core/functions.general.php:414] Gdn::Config();
[/var/www/clp/forums/library/core/class.thememanager.php:188] PHP::C();
[/var/www/clp/forums/library/core/class.thememanager.php:69] Gdn_ThemeManager->SearchPaths();
[/var/www/clp/forums/library/core/class.thememanager.php:47] Gdn_ThemeManager->AvailableThemes();
[/var/www/clp/forums/bootstrap.php:149] Gdn_ThemeManager->Start();
[/var/www/clp/forums/index.php:41] PHP::require_once();

Variables in local scope:
[SerializedString] 'a:1:{s:45:"/var/www/clp/forums/plugins/ProxyConnect/internal";s:17:"ProxyConnect RIMs";}'
[Result] 'a:1:{s:45:"/var/www/clp/forums/plugins/ProxyConnect/internal";s:17:"ProxyConnect RIMs";}'

I did go in and edit the path in ProxyConnect in config.php to reflect its new absolute path, but I'm not sure if this error is related to ProxyConnect or if it's related to Vanilla not finding my themes after the move.

Comments

• from the description of proxyconnect

This plugin enables SingleSignOn (SSO) between your forum and other authorized consumers on the same domain, via cookie sharing.

DEPRECATED ADDON. We no longer recommend using this plugin. Instead, use our jsConnect plugin.

also you don't show the error you received.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• So I ended up just deleting this line from config.php:

$Configuration['Garden']['PluginManager']['Search'] = 'a:1:{s:45:"/var/www/clp/forums/plugins/ProxyConnect/internal";s:17:"ProxyConnect RIMs";}';

...and everything is working. Fingers crossed.

• I realize it's deprecated -- but jsConnect has numerous issues with it (I tried implementing it as well).

• @khalwat Could you elaborate about your issues with jsconnect? Maybe we can help you or file issues.