HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

"Flag" option gives submenu

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

When I click on "Flag" I get a submenu with only one entry called "Report".
Master branch from last Friday didn't work like that but opens the popup immediately. So I wouldn't know how to report that on GitHub...

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@R_J said:
    When I click on "Flag" I get a submenu with only one entry called "Report".
    Master branch from last Friday didn't work like that but opens the popup immediately. So I wouldn't know how to report that on GitHub...

I swapped out plugins on this site. We're now using a new iteration on Reporting on this site, not the 'Flagging' plugin in core. Moderators also have the "Warn" option (from another plugin), and it's also where the Abuse & Spam reactions would go if we had them enabled. This sort of plugin integration is why we want to refactor Reactions into core.

Reactions is eventually going to have the ability to roll up all reactions into 3 menus like that: Flag, Negative, & Positive. That will help with space constraints on smaller devices.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Linc said:
    I swapped out plugins on this site. We're now using a new iteration on Reporting on this site, not the 'Flagging' plugin in core. Moderators also have the "Warn" option (from another plugin), and it's also where the Abuse & Spam reactions would go if we had them enabled. This sort of plugin integration is why we want to refactor Reactions into core.

That's what I have reckoned when I saw "ReactLabel" in the source of this page ;)

I simply wanted to say, that there is a sub menu when there shouldn't be one, but many thanks for the additional info. I find it really great that you are providing us with a ton of insights of what is going on in your company!

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@R_J said:
    I simply wanted to say, that there is a sub menu when there shouldn't be one

There should be one, because it's a new standard part of Reactions. "Flag" is now a generic group menu term, not a single action. :)

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2014

I'm pretty sure I saw flagging as part of reaction before, just it was removed for time, I presumed temporarily.

Anyway is great to have it back, as the other system is cruder.

grep is your friend.