Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Subcategories in Discussion List on Top - How to?

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi all,

I'd like to display the subcategories who are shown below the discussion list of the parent category on top of all discussion items. By default they appear on the bottom.

That might be roughly a line class.defaultthemehooks.php, but i don't know how this could be written. Anyone willing to help me out with a code example?

Thanx

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

can you display a screenshot of what you are wanting to do.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine: Thanx for picking up. I attached a visual. It easier to understand now?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

on my forum vanilla 2.1.3 this already appear to be default nature i.e. subcategories on TOP.

not sure on vanilla 2.0.18

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Change the sort order of the modules via config.php

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

Change the sort order of the modules via config.php

????

its not on the panel. its not a real clear screen shot. but I think he is talking about content.

you would need to look at the vanilla 2.1.3 view and change accordingly or use jQuery.

are al life screenshot might help instead of an abstract screenshot.

if it is modules in the panel

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/163830/#Comment_163830

• Options

@hgtonight and @peregrine: Thanx. Yes, right i mean the content column. I didn't seem to have set any settings anywhere under 2.0.18.X that says to push the category list below the discussion list. Mmh, seems to be a default. I will check a fresh install.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The content asset is like any other asset. The modules that are assigned to it can be sorted via a config option.

For example, the default module sort order for the content asset: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/2.0/conf/config-defaults.php line 137.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

I thought I posted that already in my link that pointed to examples http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/163830/#Comment_163830 :wink:

yes - you can sort a bit of content

but you could give a concrete answer - since the sub categories are not in modules with in the content. and appear to be need to be changed via view.

if you have the answer, it would be: ___________________________________ ;)

both phreak's question and your answer - are too abstract to arrive at a solution,