Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Incompatible with IE 11?

Hi,

Is Vanilla 2.0.18.11 incompatible with IE 11? Apparently my users are getting a message saying BODY is missing when they try to post to our forum using IE 11. Is that fixed in 2.1?

Regards,
Jonathan Neve
http://www.copycat.fr

Comments

• No idea, I'm using the default editor. How do I find out?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You can for example check this list of activated plugins ;)

But since you have posted your forum address here, I've taken a look at the source code. You are using cleditor. That is a snippet of one of your discussions:

< !--[if gt IE 6]>< link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/vanillaforums/plugins/cleditor/design/jquery.cleditor.css?v=1.1" media="all" />< ![endif]-->
    < !--[if !IE]> -->< link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/vanillaforums/plugins/cleditor/design/jquery.cleditor.css?v=1.1" media="all" />< !-- <![endif]-->
    < !--[if gt IE 6]>< script src="/vanillaforums/plugins/cleditor/js/jquery.cleditor.min.js?v=1.1" type="text/javascript">< /script>< ![endif]-->
    < !--[if !IE]> -->< script src="/vanillaforums/plugins/cleditor/js/jquery.cleditor.min.js?v=1.1" type="text/javascript">< /script>< !-- <![endif]-->

As you might see, the editor is only loaded under special circumstances, but they are not enough. I'd advise you browse through the questions under the link I've posted and see if you can find a solution that suits your needs.

• Thanks a lot for your help, I guess I should upgrade to 2.1 then.