Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

500 server error

KattKatt New
edited October 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, dear evryone!
I've got vanilla 2.1.1. And it is working fine .
Now I want to try 2.1.3. I uploaded this release into new folder on my server.
Config as previous version. But When I push button"visit site" in the dashboard I get message:
"Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
Please check back in a little while."

I also tried to eneble "debug" - nothing happens. Browser console says "500 Internal Server Error".

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

sometimes, it is due to your .htaccess file.

make sure it is correct.

and post it it you still have problems.

also delete the .ini files in your cache folder.

http://docs.vanillaforums.com/developers/troubleshooting/

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Hello.
    I followed instructions in .htaccess file "If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. " because it is my case. Than I delete .ini files in my cache folder, restart browser and still get 500 server error.

Then I followed instructions in your link, switched debug mode. And fortunatly it helped. Error message "...Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user..."
    So I changed folders "Smarty" and "compile" to writable. Now I can enter dashboard.

Thanks for help!