Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Post Background

Hi guys,

When someone posts apart of the admin/staff team here there's a background image on there posts.

Can someone point me to the guide that helps me set this up on my own self hosted forum?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Ok sure, the one on this forum is a bit different but you can do it on your own easily with css. You would give the role class a css rule. If you can give a link to a post by admin, then I can give you some code to play with ...

• Here is the link you requested to my Suicide Forum :) your help is much appreciated :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

add an image to your theme e.g.

download role title plugin and all you need to do is create an image for each of the roles you want and then add the css specific for the role.

themes/bittersweet/design/images/admin.png

add this to your custom.css adjust background size position and repeat
    as you like.

.Item.Role_Administrator {
        background-color: transparent;
        background-image: url("images/admin.png");
        background-origin: padding-box;
        background-position: 90px 200px;
        background-size: 380px 190px;
    }

here is the image I used for example

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• You my friend are a super star!

Sorry I am late...

.Item.ItemDiscussion.Role_Administrator{
    background:#ccc;
    border:1px solid #666;
    }

• This community is brilliant, vanilla forums is the best can't believe it's not more mainstream way better tha phpbb, xenforo and considering it's free just wow.

Anyone know where I can get the exact same text editor that is used on these forums as a plugin please?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

@vrijvlinder said:
    Sorry I am late...

background:#ccc;
    border:1px solid #666;
    }

thats a good example for just restricting to the initial post for a thread for an admin.

you could a;so have something different for a comment

.Item.ItemComment.Role_Administrator{

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@GSearched said:
    This community is brilliant, vanilla forums is the best can't believe it's not more mainstream way better tha phpbb, xenforo and considering it's free just wow.

Thanks, but peregrine here is the blood of this forum, without him we would be lost.

Anyone know where I can get the exact same text editor that is used on these forums as a plugin please?

Next version of vanilla they promised ...

you can also reduce it so it happens on anything the admin posts

div.Role_Administrator

• So would you replace

with

div.Role_Administrator

For it to appear on all content by Admins?

Yes that is the idea. May be too much for some people ;)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

or

.Role_Administrator .Message{

e.g. probably want to use a really light color or just border like v suggested. all depends what you like and what your users don't complain about. you will definitely get feedback if it is too over-the-top.

.Role_Administrator .Message {
        background-color: teal;
        background-position: 0 1px;
        background-repeat: repeat;
        background-size: auto auto;
    }

• Is there anyway I can get it to look better than it does now?

I wanted it maybe like Vanillaforums.org has it in the lower right hand corner. I think the way it is now the text can be hard to read?

See my post here.

• .Role_Administrator .Message {
        background-color: #d7f4e3;
        background-position: 95% 95%;
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }