Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

No line breaks inside <code> blocks

Hello,

I'm using markdown and when I add a code block with ~~~ or <code>, it won't add any line breaks inside.

line 1
line 2

above worked just fine with ~~~

on my site it creates line 1 line 2

it's driving me crazy, please help

Comments

• Options

With vanilla 2.1.3 and buttonbar that comes with version using markdown formatting
    it works fine.

are you using the standard?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

<code> is correct behaviour for html. <pre> is block

grep is your friend.

• Options

whatever I use, it just won't add new lines. See screenshot

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

you are still providing partial information!

what version of button bar and what version of vanilla are you using.

show an entire screenshot of your editor.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I'm not sure what version it is. I know I made an update at some point (was running 2.0.xx) but now I start believing it is 2.0.18 not 2.1
    Where can I check the version?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

perhaps search forum "how version number"

c'mon look in the tutorials.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26943/tutorial-how-to-determine-the-version-number-of-vanilla-that-you-are-using-for-your-own-forum

and look in the dashboard under plugins to find the version of the plugin - that one is obvious. :wink:

and if you are using a plugin called "markdown" you don't need it, disable it.

• Options

Version 2.1

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

far more important to upgrade to vanilla 2.1.3 - vanilla 2.1 has security holes.

It would be a smart thing for EVERYONE to read security related announcements, and act upon them ASAP for your forum's sake and your member's sake.

and re-read my comment twice.

• Options

alright, I'll try to upgrade. Plugin Buttonbar is Version 1.6

• Options

ok, I upgraded and apparently it fixed my issue. Theme is half broken but I will fix it. Thanks for your help