Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla pathing resources wrong?

The first time I tried I had no problem. Now, when I git clone or download and copy Vanilla folder to my htdocs folder on my XAMPP server, the resources that Vanilla is attempting to load are path'd wrong. This carries from the install to the running forums after the install. For example, view page source for the install:

It should be just "applications/". It is attempting to load resources from the root of the localhost for some reason, instead of the /vanilla folder that it is in.

What could have caused this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/applications/dashboard/design/setup.css?v=2.2.16.6" media="all"

is the link

• Options

So I've tried reinstalling XAMPP, installing MAMP instead. Also 'AllowOveride All' in httpd.conf and 'RewriteBase /vanilla" in .htaccess of vanilla directory. wtf.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@svenoaks said:
    link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/applications/dashboard/design/setup.css?v=2.2.16.6" media="all"

is the link

This is a proper path, assuming Vanilla is installed in the webroot.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

It was trying to install a new installation. Problem a was the alpha version, it is well, alpha. Branch 2.1 works fine.

.> @x00 said:

delte the .ini files in cache

First you should only need to clone once. If you are pulling from master you are using an alpha version which is not for production sites. Best stick to the the released downloads.

Always follow the installation/upgrade instructions.