Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Does Single Sign On even work with Wordpress anymore?

Want to get SSO to work with Wordpress. Using the WP Vanilla addon, but SSO doesn't work. Is it broken? Anyone have SSO working with their WP?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I have SSO working on WP through jsConnect on Vanilla and the WP Vanilla Connect plugin on WP.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Is it possible you can PM me your site so I can test the functionality and see how it's supposed to work?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

All the sites I have WP SSO implemented on are for private companies.

When set up properly and already signed into WP, upon visiting Vanilla you should see a "Log in as X from Y" where X is your username and Y is your site name. Clicking that should bring up a "Connecting..." dialog and then you should be logged into Vanilla.

You can set up a redirect to the forum after sign in straight to the connecting dialog if you do it right. You can also sync logouts. Neither of these is covered in the installation instructions but can be found here on the forum.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.